Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mascot

The lady in the photograph is my current heroine. Aged 82, she was banned from a local pub for refusing to take off her hat. The ban on hats was brought in so that CCTV could get a good look at the usual clientele of baseball-capped hoodie-wearing yobs.

Nobody in authority (Hah!) in the pub could understand that 82-year-old ladies hardly ever smash up pubs or assault staff and other drinkers, so the hat and the lady were declared to be unwelcome.

If you ever pass my way, madam, I shall invite you into the pub near to the courthouse where you may drink what you choose and cover your head as you will.

I am sure that you already know, but I shall also tell you that stupid is as stupid does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.