Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Must Be Getting Old.........

....to find myself nodding in agreement with this piece in the Daily Telegraph.

I have long felt real sympathy for the Probation Service, who have been buggered about on a grand scale for a couple of decades during which they have been under-appreciated, underpaid, under-resourced, and despised by many of the offenders they deal with, despite the fact that said offenders aren't fit to shine their shoes. No Probation Officer ever watches football, because they can't cope with the sight of goalposts that are not constantly moving.

For what it's worth, Probation people, I think you make the best of a bad job. I wouldn't last five minutes before I bawled out some yob or some manager, and probably got assaulted or fired as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.