Thursday, March 01, 2012

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot....

A long time ago I posted about Jason. I have stayed in touch with his probation officer, to see how things are going. I haven't heard much of him recently, until I was presented the other day with an Information in support of a Search Warrant to search the home of - guess who? - for Class A drugs.

I granted a similar warrant for a different dealer a month or so back, having heard that drugs were routinely concealed in his baby's nappy or his girlfriend's vagina on the erroneous assumption that police officers and their drug dogs would be deterred or, literally, put off the scent.

It is a truism that most drug dealers live with their mum. Jason lives with his little family in their council flat, and ekes out his benefits with dealing a bit of Class A.

I fear that it's becoming a little late to expect Jason to change. As always, I tried not to think too much about the life that lies ahead for a baby whose filled nappy provides a malodorous hiding place for diamorphine or cocaine hydrochloride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.